Sunday, March 12, 2006

Hello?Anyone up there?

I remember writing this a number of years ago... Too long ago infact, when I clutched onto my vague, naive sense of idealism.. sometimes it fades away, at other times you can't help feeling like the luckiest person in the whole world. Another question I kept asking myself was about this higher person, this omnipotent force that resides above us, below us, in us, around us. Does it have a name? Some call it "God", others, "a figment of human imagination"...I find him present in my life..and when I'm lucky, in my weakest most vulnerable moments, he finds me, and makes it all a little better.




The waves were rough, the sand was coarse, the sky was a pink hue,
The water sparkled in the sun - a brilliant aqua blue,
All seemed to be serene and tranquil on the sandy beach
The sea stretched on forever to a place just dreams can reach

But somewhere far away, a little boy was weeping
The purple seashell he had found had washed away while he was sleeping.
He did not want it for himself, and that’s why he was crying.
It was a gift meant to bring hope to his sister who was dying.

Now it was gone and so he walked along the sandy bay
Thinking of his sister in a place not far away.
He thought that he should bring her here, so she could have some joy
Away from the promise of death-just waves, the water and the sky

They both rose early in the morn - to watch the bright sky rise
A new day - the symbol of hope brought tears to their eyes
He pushed her wheelchair to the beach, and there they talked about
Times when life was sweet and laughter always rang aloud.
All sadness was forgotten as they joked and sang a while,
Unknown to them someone, was watching with a smile
And suddenly, the calm waters were disturbed-a great wave rose up high,
And lapped about their feet as froth, and soon it had gone by.

And when they both looked down, they were stunned beyond belief
To see a sparkling purple seashell - lying at their feet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marshwiggle23 said...

it must have been jesus...

10:19 AM  
Blogger Aylaha said...

I think so too.. :)

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home