Thursday, March 30, 2006

Red Life

Sometimes in times of trouble people take to the most seemingly absurd methods of relief, but i find that true strength is in recognising the harm of such methods and finding the courage to stop, the courage to gather the little hope you have left and move on with your life. :)
It is a possible thing :)

Red life
Watch the scarlet river,
Seeping down the land,
Brilliant streams of glistening wine,
Running down my hand.

Slow and thick the river flows,
Bubbling at the source.
Unrelenting flow of life,
Showing no remorse.

Sharp and glistening is the tool,
Cruel, wicked, light.
Nimble with an innate strength,
Guide me through the night.

Pain and sorrow fleets away,
Only for a swipe.
Then the river flows again,
Sadness is made ripe.

Take away the numbness Lord,
Show to me your light!
What you promised me was joy,
What I have is fright.

Slow and steady trickling down,
Take away the pain.
Elevate me, rescue me,
Make me alive again.

All I want to feel is this,
Searing through the skin.
Intense feeling, intense high,
Erase all my sin.

Like an unborn child I curl,
Un-blind me, let me see.
Save me from this cruel world.
But first, save me from me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

interesting,

there is a cloud to every silver lining...

9:52 AM  
Blogger Marshwiggle23 said...

cutter poem - nice - very topical and i really like your position on it...

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home