Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My Mask of Venetia

My Mask of Venetia

It lay on the table, pristine and pure.

Beauty unparalleled, that I was sure

Mask of Venetia, holiday bit

Smile innocently, passively sit.

True happiness or a simple façade?

Surface serenity, ceramic, hard.

I was distracted my gaze drew away.

Saw a vulture hovering, waiting to prey.

You began screaming those familiar words

Drowning my thoughts out, noise was all I heard.

Meaningless white noise was all ‘twas to me.

Deaf to your screaming I stared on blankly.

Fury, frustration building up inside

Dormant volcano, sleep! Rest! Subside!

Shame. (Not for why I had causes this furore)

Shame because I don’t know you anymore

You swiped your hand and the worst did occur,

A sharp explosion I heard in my fear.

Guilt flooded you as the tears escaped me,

You left. I dealt with my numb misery.

As in your remorse you stormed out the door,

I picked the pieces up, off from the floor.

Painfully glued them back, all but for one.

One that I could not find, one piece was gone.

Now my Venetian mask sits peacefully.

Façade of happiness, peace within me.

Smash it forever, keep crumbling its soul,

I keep the glue; I can still make it whole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home