Thursday, December 07, 2006

To You.

How many tears does it take before I’m all dried up?

In the sunlight pretty plants just shrivel up.

Veins of green and darker ones, they symbolise,

The ones I long to slash and tear, and escape lies

You laugh and wait to see if I’ll abandon him

But nothing can make me give in to this one sin.

Put me through the greatest fire, try and try,

I’ll douse it out with all the tears you make me cry,

Smells of flowers choke me, carried by the wind,

The rain falls down like acid burning on my skin,

Everything is upside down, the wrong is right,

I search for sun, but every day resembles night

A black dog strides incessantly along my way

I beat it with a stick and kick it, still it stays.

I close my eyes but sleep is filled with empty places,

People who walk by me, smile with empty faces

Hope’s the substance that was in an empty cup,

And when I think I’ve found it

I wake up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marshwiggle23 said...

this is great writing ahalya - and it's also what i hold dear too
You laugh and wait to see if I’ll abandon him

"But nothing can make me give in to this one sin.

Put me through the greatest fire, try and try,

I’ll douse it out with all the tears you make me cry"

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home